I think Hiccup and Astrid are the best animated couple ever.
I love how their relationship isn’t a major plot point for the films. Astrid isn’t there as a reward for the hero, she is his best friend (next to Toothless of course). She didn’t stop being a warrior after she became a love interest (and Hiccup wouldn’t want her to, he loves her for it).
They talk about their problems. They fight their enemies together. And they trust each other.
- 14 years old: I'm young but I know what I want. This isn't that hard, I'm all grown up already and have everything figured out.
- 17 years old: Well, this is a little harder than I thought. School is almost ending. What am I going to do with my life?
- 21 years old: What the fuck is going on? Where are my socks?
repeat after me:
- virginity is a social construct
- you don’t lose your virginity
- there’s nothing valuable or precious about virginity, it’s an imaginary concept
- virginity is inherently heterocentric
- your worth is not defined by whether or not you’ve had a dick inside you
- what you define as sex is up to you, you get to decide how many people you’ve had sex with
- the end
There you go, ladies
i love how skirts and dresses allow easy access
to the toilet am i right ladies
I want one NOW!!!
“An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
— Charles Bukowski (via theimperfectideal)
In which category does Bukowski fit…?
I’d say Bukowaski is an artist… He used just two sentences to describe a complex idea about the simplicity in things and the way different people percieve it.